Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Lines error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
The_Angry_Elf
422 Views, 4 Replies

Hidden Lines error

At what point does Inventor 2014 decide not to show hidden lines?

In the pic below you'll see 2 rectangles for which there are two screw heads (visible as hidden lines in the top one shown).

This exact same hardware is used directly below the top one but the lower one has a plate in front of it, thus adding another layer to hide behind.

But wait, it gets better...these very same items are used on the opposite end and the screws in both the top and lower locations do not show as hidden (see below)

HIDDENLINES.PNG                                                    HIDDENLINES-02.PNG

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Looks like the only fix was to delete the view and re-create it.

hiddenlineserrorfixed.PNG

Time to redimension.....

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 3 of 5
PaulMunford
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

Hmm, that sounds interesting. Did you try toggling the hidden line mode on and off? Did you try selecting the parts in the browser and right clicking to turn on their individual hidden line settings? Did you try cleaning out your %temp% folder?

I'm sure that you did - i'm just curious as to what might cause this!

Autodesk Marketing Manager D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 5
The_Angry_Elf
in reply to: PaulMunford

Paul,

Yeppers, tried all of those things in one fashion or another. Even selected the parts that are "in front" and set them to "transparent", nothing.

Ran the file thru the Task Scheduler's Migration process which usually fixes odd things like this and again, nothing.

The view only had a few dimensions on it so deleting it and recreating it wasn't a big deal. It was a Plan view, this would have been a much bigger issue if it was happening in a Main view that would have caused the user to basically redo the entire drawing.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
PaulMunford
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

Rebuild all? What happens if you copy and paste the view? How about changing the LOD/View rep that it's associated with?

Autodesk Marketing Manager D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report