Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with inventor stress analysis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
c.s.henry27
415 Views, 5 Replies

Help with inventor stress analysis

Please help. I need to do stress analysis in inventor for the axle in the attached picture. I cannot figure out how to add the torque moment caused by the weight of the red plate. The belt should be countered out by the support reactions of the silver rings. The silver rings in the middle have bearings in them. Please provide details on how to do the problem. Respond fast and I will upvote.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi

There are actually several ways to do this.

1. You can just enable gravity (loads tab) if you have the appropriate mass assigned to the plate.
  2. You can exclude the plate from the analysis and create a moment load on the black hubs (also loads tab)
  3. In the advanced form, you can use dynamic simulation and analyze the impact of the plate weight on the behavior of the system (@JDMather is an expert in this matter)

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to clarify the problem. I would prefer to do the axle independent of the assembly. I am not sure how to add the bearing support reactions because the are not centered or distributed like the load when I just add a "force."  the torque is applied to both ends of the shaft via the black brackets, but again I am not sure how to do that, because it is distributed only along those couple inches. Also, even if I add the torque along the cylindrical surface, I can not figure out a way to constrain the axle correctly. 

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: c.s.henry27

@c.s.henry27 

No assembly attached?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
c.s.henry27
in reply to: JDMather

@JDMather thank you for the response. Yes as in stress analysis of just the part. I attached that picture of the assembly it goes in to show where the forces should be applied, but I have no idea what constraint to put where or how to put the forces in the appropriate spots. As I mentioned originally, the support should counteract the pull from the belt, so I mainly need to apply the moment caused by the weight of the red plate correctly.   I am rather new to stress analysis so forgive me for my ignorance. 

Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: c.s.henry27

@c.s.henry27 
You must Attach actual Inventor files rather than mere pretty pictures.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report