Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Unable to save Tube & Pipe style.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
390 Views, 12 Replies

Help - Unable to save Tube & Pipe style.

Hello,

I'm working at create new pipe and tubes library. I create pipe and elbows ipart componets and I am trying to create new pipe and tube style, but when i choose my elbows and pipe and try to save - nothing is happend. I cant save it, and when i try close window, i notice if i want o save it before close. Nothing happend to when I try to save it this way.

I think I have a problem in the files, I send images so that they can help me.

I attach Images and files that I create.

I used Inventor 2019.

Thx.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: Anonymous

A couple of incidents are related to this error prompt. I am not sure if your case falls into those:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error...
And more recently:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Defin...

Check if your expression column does capture "PL" in the formula, and make sure no two components can be named the same way:

Galaxybane_0-1638970870897.png

Message 3 of 13
CGBenner

@Anonymous 

Hi.  In addition to what you shared (thank you!) can we also see what you have in the File Name column for the pipe?  And also a screen capture of what you see in your Tube & Pipe style?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 4 of 13
CGBenner

@Anonymous 

I think I've got it.  Tube & Pipe does not like DIN sizes to be listed with the "M" in front of them.  What I used to do, and what I tested here, is to add a new parameter into the ipart table called Size (or whatever you want to use).  Populate that column with your Stock Number but without the "M" in front of it.  Do this for the pipe AND the fittings, and then re-publish them (delete the existing families first).  When you publish them, use the new "Size" as your Nominal Size.  You can still use Stock Number as the Key Column if you wish.  Once published, you should be able to create and save the T&P Style.  Don't forget to fill in the Rules tab!

Good luck!

Chris Benner

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: CGBenner

Perfect I'll try this now

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

I made these changes that you mentioned to me but I still have the problem

Message 7 of 13
CGBenner

You added a column for size in your ipart tables like below?

CGBenner_0-1638975375362.png

And then Pubished the part to the Content Center, and re-created the T&P style?  Can you show us the T&P Style dialog (both tabs)?

Chris Benner

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

If I do what you told me in the 3 files, I attach images in case I made a mistake.

Message 9 of 13
A.Acheson

Is there any chance you can attach the images in this post or as an attachment?  I am still not sure what the issues are without a pc and or unzipping the folder. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: A.Acheson

I send you the files

Message 11 of 13
CGBenner

@Anonymous 

Captura1 - The new column looks correct.  Did you do the same for both of your elbows?

Captura4 - Shows me the second tab of the style, is there a Captura3 with the first tab?

It also looks like you're editing an existing style, instead of creating a new one.  Is that what you intended?

Chris Benner

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

I made the same changes with all files.

All the images that I send are from the files in general with their two tabs.

I tried to do all the files again to check the data but I still get the error of not letting me save the file, is there any way to check where the error comes from?

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

I add new images of the files so that you can see better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report