Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help; text/fonts print tiny. and now my " is centered?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Hunteil
461 Views, 5 Replies

Help; text/fonts print tiny. and now my " is centered?

So I have a weird situation. I opened AutoCAD Mechanical and printed. It caused my inventor .idw to start printing all my fonts / text in tiny print after this but everything on screen looked just fine and other computers can print / view everything just fine. And no matter how many times I reboot or restarting programs makes a difference. After a week of just dealing with the glitch and asking others to print for me. It fixed itself and went away... No idea why. It has happened 3 times now. This glitch doesn't happen when I use AutoCAD LT to print applications. So I've been afraid to open anything in AutoCAD Mechanical.

This time however, now my " symbol that I typed is acting strange... visually it looks centered on the numbers near it (vertically). (see image). I still can't print without the other glitch. And creating new .idw's and new text objects has no effect, they still show wrong. I had a co-worker open the files and they view and print fine. So it's just my PC... (note is doesn't effect other programs either, just inventor)

I swear AutoCAD Mechanical is replacing my font files or something (maybe just on the printer side?).... does inventor use it's own fonts? How do I check this so I can troubleshoot it further. It's driving me crazy.

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Hunteil
in reply to: Hunteil

Edit: The " symbol is working now after a reboot... idkw caused it.'

But the printing is still a problem.

Attached is a scan from a printed .idw with a comparison of how it should look.

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

Message 3 of 6
Hunteil

Just want to note; glitch still happening. Even happens to pdf prints.... I also did a export to pdf... it kinda works... fonts are different compared to a normal print or pdf print... But not sure if that is normal either with a export. But again I wouldn't use that as a final print b/c it looks so bad.

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior does not sound right to me. What release of Inventor are you running? Have you applied all the updates? Please share an example exhibiting the behavior here.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
Hunteil
in reply to: johnsonshiue

examples was attached in reply. Can you see them?

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019 64-bit edition

Build: 330, Release: 2019.4.3 - Date: Thu 10/14/2019

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! I see the images. But, I need the Inventor files to try. Please share them here or send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report