Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Bevel Gear generate ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2433 Views, 9 Replies

HELP - Bevel Gear generate ?

Hello everyone.
As per the attached image, I'm trying to generate this pair of bevel gear through the Design Accelerator in Inventor, but I'm not getting a good result.
If possible, I ask everyone's help to try to model it, to know where I am making mistakes.
Thanks in advance for your help. Thank you.

Marcos Venicio 

IMAGEM PARA CONICO.jpg

sample.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is a screencast of the creation of your desired bevel gears.  The only thing I cannot get the gears to do is mesh.  The bevel gear configuration is:

Bevel Gear.jpg

It is really interesting, the gear you are showing in you screen capture only has 16 teeth where you asked for 11 and 18 teeth, mistake?  See screencast for my process.  If you can use the assembly, Inventor 2019.2, just let me know.

By the way, the schematic drawing shows the gear teeth machined off flush with the face on one gear.  If that is what you want, simply open up the gear and use the Split tool to trim off the teeth as per your schematic.  Here is a section view with the gear trimmed off.  My shafts are just there for my placement reference.

Michined Off Gear.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Look at the problems I found:

image 05.jpg

image 04.jpg

image 03.jpg

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Dear Mr. Jhackney
The photo of the pinion was merely illustrative. Excuse me.
In reality the pinion has 11 teeth.

Message 5 of 10
jhackney1972

At the end of my last post, I mentioned and showed you how to cut off the gear teeth, on the one, to match your schematic.  About the lousy engagement.  The Design Accelerator is noted for modeling inaccurate gears, at least in the model.  When you model spur gears, if you right click on the gears in the assembly, you can export a "true" tooth form for each.  I do not see this same feature for bevel gears.

Export Tooth Form.jpg

As far as the "Face Width" number, I do not know how this number relates to bevel gears, so I will not comment.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 10
jhackney1972

No problem, I was just checking if you were calculating the correct number of teeth that is why I commented.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

I have the same problem (the "export tooth profile" option is gone).  I have exported the true tooth shape in previous versions of Inventor but either that option is gone, or I don't remember how to do it.

If anyone knows how to do this in Inventor 2020, please let me know.

Message 8 of 10
JDMather

You must right click on the Design Accelerator node in the browser (see special symbol).

3:58

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

That option isn't present for bevel gears.  See the attached screenshot.

Message 10 of 10
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

That option isn't present for bevel gears.  See the attached screenshot.

Not surprising to me as it only exports one sketch and bevel gear is tapered.

You might experiment creating a spur gear and then taper the extrusion.

I don't know if this will result in correct tooth form.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report