Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! 2 days work down the drain due to RSe stream error (Inventor 2023)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
james
144 Views, 5 Replies

Help! 2 days work down the drain due to RSe stream error (Inventor 2023)

A little bit of background to explain the steps leading up to the issue:

One of my clients makes soft play equipment, and the main part of these builds is a big timber frame, covered in panels, pads, etc. One of their clients has asked for 2 variants for a new site, one variant as we have done before, and a new, smaller footprint variant. I have already done the larger one, so I used ilogic copy design to create the smaller variant. I then modified the main framework, but kept having issues with the "error, no rss data" error message popping up. Eventually I completed the frame, saved it, and..... The file was corrupt. A days work down the drain. So, I remade the frame from scratch, nothing to do with the original frame, and replaced it in the GA, and all seemed fine. Except, I've gone to open it this morning and I get the error message

"Inventor doesn't recognise the format of this file. This commonly indicates the file is not recoverable. (Error reading RSe stream".

I've tried copying the file locally and opening it, finding the earlier version in OldVersions folder, etc, etc, and nothing helps. Is there anything I can do before throwing away 2 days of work, screaming for 3 straight hours, and then working until I have a nervous breakdown?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: james

@james 

It doesn’t sound like you are using Vault from your problem description.

But I also don’t see any mention of Projects (*.ipj) in your description.

Are you using Projects?

Are you making sure the correct Project is active?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
freierfall01

it can also be simple and restart your computer and it works afterwards. And if your are having still this error, this is bad 😞

Message 4 of 6
james
in reply to: JDMather

Not using vault on this project, no. 

And yes, using the correct ipj file. 

I did also try doing a full restart of the computer

Message 5 of 6
james

So, a workaround solution has been found, a colleague who works for another company managed to open the "unrecoverable" file in solidworks, so I at least now have a STEP file of it. Quite why Inventor was unable to open its own file when its competitor could open it, is not in the least bit infuriating.... (Even if a recover option would just bring it in as a dumb solid, that would be better than the no help whatoseover option currently given).

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi James,

If possible, please share the files in zip with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand that corruption better. Another thing to try is to ensure all Inventor dlls are loaded on start-up. Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> add "DYNAMIC_LOAD_APPLETS" and set the value to 0. After that, restart Inventor.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report