Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble with Lofting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
578 Views, 4 Replies

Having Trouble with Lofting

I am trying to loft 2 different sizes of flanges for a ducting system. I keep recieving the error message "The attempted operation had problems trimming and discarding faces. Try with different inputs." I am still very new to inventor and so I don't understand what this error message is trying to convey to me. What is it trying to trim and discard, and how can I correct this to make the loft work?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

When posting (especially when attaching file), always include what version of Inventor you're using.   In your case its 2014.  First thing I would do is get your Inventor 2014 up to date with the latest information.  You are still using the original release.

Download SP2 and then update 7..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

@Anonymous.Garner wrote:

I am trying to loft 2 different sizes of flanges .....for a ducting system. ....

It looks to me like you already have the flanges done?

Assuming you are trying to loft the transistion between the two flanges.

Start the Loft command.

Change the Output to Surfaces.

Select the inside Loops of each Flange.

Now Thicken your Lofted transistion.

This will give you an quick and easy visual, but if you are after real world representation - that is a bit more work....

Transistion.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

@JDMather

Thanks for the help! This will work for what I am doing it for.  If I did want to do it for real world, what would that entail?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Modeling as Sheet Metal so that it would unfold (if you wanted it to be 3 pieces, one for each flange and one single sheet for the transistion piece).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report