Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half-Section view not working properly

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3223 Views, 10 Replies

Half-Section view not working properly

Hey everyone,

Having an issue on one of our machines here.  During a section view of a model (we only ever use half-section), occasionally it will not section the part/assembly correctly.  It appears to function normally, and you can see the slice line where the section should be, but nothing, or almost nothing, is cut away.  I'll attach a picture at the bottom.  Has anyone encountered this before?  Is it a driver issue?  The specs on this machine are a little different than my own, and it only started with 2017.

Here are the PC specs:

ThinkStation P410 Signature Edition

Intel Xeon E5-1630v4 @ 3.70 GHz

32.0 GB ECC 2400MHz RDIMM

NVIDIA Quadro M4000 (Driver: 21.21.13.7290 9/16/2016)

Windows 10 (Version 1073)

Inventor 2017.4 (Build 256 3/29/2017)

And here is a picture of what I'm trying to explain (center pic is the failure).

half section view error.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I should note that my machine doesn't do this. (Specs in my signature)

Message 3 of 11
mikegreslick6607

Your graphics drivers don't appear to be that old, but I would update them and reboot as a starting point.

Message 4 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! You have 2017.4. What Inventor 2017 build is on that machine? 2017.4 also? On 2017.3 or earlier, there is a known issue with virtual section view, which as been address in 2017.4.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes, both builds are 2017.4 as of yesterday morning (4/12/2017), and this issue happened again today (4/13/2017).

Message 6 of 11
LishuangLu

Hi SaveOften,

I could not reproduce this with my Inventor 2017 R4 in Lenovo P910 and NVIDIA Quadro K2000 card.

Could you please provide below information for us to better understand and reproduce the problem?

1. Can you reproduce this with any dataset on this machine?
  2. Can you reproduce this directly when open the assembly and do half section view? If not, any additional operations need to be done before performing section view?
  3. Did you encounter similar issue before upgrading to 2017 R4?

Thanks for your support as always!

Regards,

-Lisa

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: LishuangLu

1) Can you reproduce this with any dataset on this machine?

Yes, any part or assembly can have this happen.  Generally the user of this machine has anywhere from 500-700 "open documents in session" as indicated in the lower-right panel of the screen above the computer clock.

2) Can you reproduce this directly when open the assembly and do half section view? If not, any additional operations need to be done before performing section view?

This seems to happen at random, and usually while having several other files open.  It does not happen often.

3) Did you encounter similar issue before upgrading to 2017 R4?

Yes, this happened with previous updates as well.

I should mention again that this does not happen on my machine; only on the one running the M-series video card.  Closing all files and restarting Inventor is effective at clearing the issue until it happens again.  It did seem to happen more frequently in previous revisions.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Did you somehow fix it?

My specs:
2018 Design Suite Premium (64-bit)

Inventor 2018.2 (Build 227; 10/24/2017)

Intel Xeon E5-1620 v4 @3.50Ghz

32.0 GB

NVIDIA Quadro M200; driver-21.21.13.7295 (09/22/2016)

Windows 10 Pro (1709)

Thanks

Message 9 of 11
LishuangLu

Hi all, 

Unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to reproduce the problem internally yet either by using 2017 or 2018.2 builds. 

So the problem hasn't been actually fixed. But I suggest you continue providing us these information if you still reproduce with newer version. 

1) Did you create section view with the assembly being opened under Express mode? 

2) Try the Application Option Assembly->Section all parts, will that help when you encounter the problem? 

Thanks, 

-Lisa 

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: LishuangLu

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your fast reply! Here are my replies to your questions.

1) Did you create section view with the assembly being opened under Express mode? 

- Yes I did section view in assembly in fully loaded mode. Most of the time I work only in fully loaded mode.

2) Try the Application Option Assembly->Section all parts, will that help when you encounter the problem? 

- I have this option all the time turned on, but unfortunately it does not help.

The only thing that works for me (for some time) is to close Inventor and open it again. But the problem is reappearing at least once or twice a week... Unfortunately I do not have any screens right now but when it happens again I can post some.

Thanks,

-Daniel

Message 11 of 11
mdinesh

In windows bar type Inventor Reset Utility. it may help

Reset.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report