Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grip strut

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
scoopthepoop2000
2781 Views, 13 Replies

grip strut

Has anyone ever modeled a section of grip strut? or has anyone made a texture of grip strut to apply to a model?

thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Nope.  However I am going to need the same thing in about a week or 2.  If you happen to get something and you wouldn't mind sharing it would be greatly appreciated.  The only thing I have is some 3 row traction tread for ladders.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: coreyparks

I believe there is already an "expanded metal" texture that comes with Inventor. Otherwise I'm sure you could find something in google images to use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 14

Did you by chance get a 24'' wide grip strut made with 4.5 sides I would like a 3d drawing of it if possible.

Message 5 of 14

Something like this?

What version of Inventor are you using?

Grip Strut.PNG

Message 6 of 14

grip strut.PNG

Message 7 of 14

That appears to be an image file rather than an Inventor *.ipt file?

Message 8 of 14

I am looking for a inventor drawing for this style of grip strut 

Message 9 of 14
kelly.young
in reply to: glen_fabatech

Hello @glen_fabatech what version of Inventor are you using? 

Are you wanting this to be just a visual representation or model the actual cutout as in real life? 

metal_safety_grating_stair_tread_heavy_duty_grip_strut.gif

The picture you attached looks like a standard diamond cutout appearance that should be available out of the box as expanded metal as stated prior. 

Do you have a sample shape that you can provide or the exact grating from a manufacturer that you are looking for?

Internet search example:

Grating Pacific Grip Strut Walkway Channels

Many grating suppliers have the specs, are you trying to figure out how to draw this? This will lead to a complex patterned model that might bog down performance depending on what you're trying to do with it.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 10 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: glen_fabatech

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking for a inventor drawing for this style of grip strut 

Model one up... 

Takes a few minutes max...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 11 of 14

Don't need the grip strut modeled just need the texture. I can model the stair tread just fine. I don't think IV has the capability to model grip strut and if it did the minute you insert this into an .idw it will drag the program down to it knees because of all the lines it will create. Thanks.

Message 12 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: scoopthepoop2000

@scoopthepoop2000 wrote:

Don't need the grip strut modeled just need the texture. I can model the stair tread just fine. I don't think IV has the capability to model grip strut and if it did the minute you insert this into an .idw it will drag the program down to it knees because of all the lines it will create. Thanks.

@scoopthepoop2000 Do you have access to a physical piece of it? If so get a nice straight on top down photo of it and an appearance can be made quite easily..

I tried searching but didn't find a nice straight on top down shot of it..

I don't have access to a piece but if someone does and can post the image an appearance can be made..

I wouldn't model the actual geometry in Inventor either as like you said it would likely bog down Inventor.. 

Message 13 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

@scoopthepoop2000 Do you have access to a physical piece of it? .. 

@mcgyvr

You are responding to a 7 year old thread - hopefully @scoopthepoop2000 has figured it out by now.

Still waiting for @glen_fabatech attempt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 14 of 14
glen_fabatech
in reply to: JDMather

I will contact brown campbell company for a drawing 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report