Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRAPHICS SETTINGS?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1578 Views, 6 Replies

GRAPHICS SETTINGS?

Seems I should be able to get better graphics than this.  I don't see any options to improve quality.  I have the latest graphics card for my Dell (NVIDIA k2200).

Display options: set to "smoother"

Hardware set to "quality"

Any ideas?  I'd like to see a circle shape not a polygon.  Thanks!

GRAPHICS.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm trying everything to no avail.  This is crap.

I don't remember this issue before SP1 and people telling me to update my graphics card for said SP1...

POLY.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

WORKING KNOW AFTER RESTARTING INVENTOR.

This was doing almost nothing is session:  A note would be helpful if restart is required.

RESTART.jpg

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

ALWAYS restart after any updates...Its the golden rule..

Most programs force it after any update.. I've had all sorts of goofy issues with Inventor if I don't restart after updates.. 

Not sure why Autodesk doesn't force it too.. (They should)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I certainly rebooted after SP1 update.  If you mean changing something in the options menu, that's new to me.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
ChrisMitchell01

From your screenshot below, you have "Disable Automatic Refinement" checked - that is most likely the cause of the graphics issues you were seeing.

That should be off by default. Essentially it means that as you zoom/pan/rotate the graphics tesselations will not be refined automatically. Once you have set that then there's a ribbon icon which you can use selectively to refine the graphics again when desired. It should only really be used with very large assemblies where graphics performance is an issue.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

It was off and is currently off.  I was trying everything including turning it on briefly.  Nothing was working.  I tried many combinations...

Restart cleared it up.  Hope it doesn't come back.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report