Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eugenio.dilionardo
308 Views, 4 Replies

Graphic error

Hello everyone

Check out picture

I've had this strange error twice recently. It was still possible to work with it and save.

The only way to get that fixed, is to shut down Inventor and start again.

I ckecked all the graphic options and driver too, I even exchanged that with others and than still happened again.

Just wondering if someone has ever had something like that

Thanks a lot

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Does it only happen with this particular part or with any file?

Message 3 of 5

it happens with any parts and i'm not the only one, two other collegues experienced the same

and it has only happened with .ipt files so far

Message 4 of 5

Then you need to look for things that A) you and you colleagues have in common in your setups and B) the files you open.

The part you show in the image is obviously derived from a more complex assembly (did you convert from a STEP maybe?). Does this happen with "normal" IPTs as well?

Which Inventor version are  you running and is it possible for you to share the file for others to test?

Message 5 of 5

This shouldn't be anything related to the file or Inventor version. I think it is related to the graphics driver or hardware, 100%.

@eugenio.dilionardo: do you have a virtual PC, desktop PC with dedicated video card, or laptop PC with integrated graphics card? You wrote that you tested all the graphics options, but just to be sure here, have you checked Inventor Tools Tab > Application Options > Software graphics (also try Conservative). You should download the latest graphics drivers for your hardware, and check for any NVIDIA updates on their app. Also, try right-clicking Inventor's shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings > override (box) > System Enhanced (pull-down).
Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report