Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good computer for inventor?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
991 Views, 2 Replies

Good computer for inventor?

Hi everyone, 

I Was wondering what type of computer and storage space would be ideal to run inventor on? I’ll primarily be using it for robotics everyday for three months, and I want something that is also lightweight, since I’ll have to be carrying it with me around school. I’m on the design team on my rorbotics team if that helps gauge what I’ll be doing; probably creating hundreds of parts and assemblies.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Neil has done a lot of work on this. His post is in the upper "pinned" portion of this forum. He goes into great detail on the hardware required for Inventor. I've included the link if you can't find the post.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/buying-the-right-workstation-for-inventor-au-2018-clas...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

If you want a quick answer:

A good system for Inventor is a Hex core with atleast 16gb of RAM and atleast 4gb GPU preferably 8gb, an SSD is a must especially with large number of parts, other than that very little will affect performance.

Tower or laptop?

As @blair said go watch Neil's AU class which is very thorough and extremely detailed.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report