Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost/reference lines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ingebrigt.farstad
183 Views, 2 Replies

Ghost/reference lines

I am setting up some fab-drawings and want to show some existing structure with ghost/stitched lines.

Is it possible to enable this for one part of the assembly?

As of now i need to right-click and change view property manually on each view.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blandb
in reply to: ingebrigt.farstad

Can you share an example? Typically you can select a component in the model browser > Right-Click > BOM Structure > and choose reference. This will make the component appear as phantom in the drawings, and will not be accounted for in the parts list. Tricky thing is, you cannot cycle the BOM state from the Bill of Materials if you choose this method.

You could go to the Bill of Materials button of the assembly, find the component and then cycle the BOM structure there.

If you know you are making a part and it will ALWAYS be placed as reference, then in the part document, just go to Tools > Document Settings > Bill of Materials Tab > set the BOM structure to Reference.

Every time the component is placed, you dont have to worry about remembering if you made it reference or not.

Hope that helps.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 3

I think only through iLogic, if you iterate through all views in the drawing and pick your component by its name then change from By Layer to Dashed. Something like that (maybe post on the iLogic forum):

Galaxybane_0-1663681283384.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report