Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Inventor working on this laptop

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
668 Views, 6 Replies

Get Inventor working on this laptop

Good day, I need to get Inventor working on this laptop. 

A user needs it but I do have to be sure it will work so I’m running the 30 day free trial version.  Although, I’ve installed it I think. Pressing the button does nothing.  

I do have "Autodesk Inventor Professional 2021", " Autodesk Desktop App" and "Install Now Autodesk Inventor 2021" on my desktop.

Autodesk Desktop App Service and Licensing Service are both running in Services. 

Laptop, Dell Precision 7540 with dual Video (NVIDIA Quadro T2000), is rebooted. 

Installed Inventor 2021. 

Antivirus turned off during install (had to). 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

. Pressing the button does nothing.  

what does this mean?

what button ?

provide more info

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

indeed, screenshot was't there.

I do have the screen Autodesk, with in the upperleft "Ipro" what displays Inventor Professional. but when clicking it it does nothing.

on the screen itself there are working links and info.

Message 4 of 7
jrobrador19

Hi there,

Maybe there is a problem with the installation. First I suggest you do a clean uninstall of the Inventor. Link here.

Then instead of using the "Install Now Autodesk Inventor 2021" installer which downloads and installs the application at the same time, I recommend you use the Browser Download method. You can use AVA to download the offline installer of Inventor (type: download > Download Autodesk Products > Inventor Professional 2021 > Multiple Computers) which is divided into 3 parts. You can also log in to your Autodesk Account Portal and go to All Products and Services >  Inventor Professional > View Downloads and switch the download method to Browser Download. This will also make your browser download 3 parts.

After downloading, place them in a single folder and double-click on one of them. This automatically will extract and run the installer.

I hope this helps.

Please hit the ACCEPT SOLUTION or LIKE button if my post helped you to solve your problem.

Jerous Obrador 

Mechanical Engineer| LinkedIn | Autodesk Certified InstructorRevit Architecture Certified ProfessionalRevit MEP: Mechanical Certified ProfessionalRevit MEP: Electrical Certified ProfessionalInventor Certified Professional | Laguna, Philippines

Win 10 Pro / Dell G7 7590 / i7-9750H / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jrobrador19

Ok, I was afraid someone would say so. So now, again, I uninstalled current version and started over again.

Using AVA I didn't get over 2018 so that didn't work. I tried to find a full download option for 2021 bit couldn't find it for the trial. So had to do it online again. Without a Virus-scanner it's a bit trickie, I don't like that but there seems to be no other option.

But still, Overall process is at 10 of 23 remaining, 11.32GB of 11.32GB downloaded for over 2 hours now. Do I have to wait more? Don't think it will do anything.

Other suggestions?

please

Message 6 of 7
jrobrador19

Hi again @Anonymous.

You mean to say that AVA only allowed you to get up to Inventor Professional 2018? I tried it with my other account with no subscriptions and I can still download the 2021 version with the responses I provided with my other post.

With you current installation method, it is required that you have a stable internet connection. You have to make sure that the internet connection is stable and wont get disconnected during the process. That's why I was recommending the Browser Download method. It does not depend on the internet during the installation process unlike the online method which downloads and installs at the same time.

Please hit the ACCEPT SOLUTION or LIKE button if my post helped you to solve your problem.

Jerous Obrador 

Mechanical Engineer| LinkedIn | Autodesk Certified InstructorRevit Architecture Certified ProfessionalRevit MEP: Mechanical Certified ProfessionalRevit MEP: Electrical Certified ProfessionalInventor Certified Professional | Laguna, Philippines

Win 10 Pro / Dell G7 7590 / i7-9750H / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

"All Products and Services" is empty. Probably because I can only use the demo version because I don't need it for myself. I do need this to test this to be sure it will work fine on this laptop. 
If it works the user will test it to see if this is what he needs to buy a few version for the team.
While installing now I see it stops at the language Pack 4.17GB og 11.09GB downloaded, overal; progress 11 of 23 remaining.
While in the UK we're trying and it stops at language Pack but 11.53GB of 11.53GB is downloaded and overall progress 11 of 27.
please advice

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report