Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Frames in Separate Projects

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rcombsTXHY6
402 Views, 2 Replies

Generating Frames in Separate Projects

I am trying to figure out what the best way to edit drawings for separate projects without having them change in anyway other projects. I am currently creating separate projects which seems to work but the frame assembly number as shown does not change between the two projects which worries me knowing at some point it would revert back to the default or original drawing. 

Frame 1614269513793

Frame Generator.PNG

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CGBenner
in reply to: rcombsTXHY6

@rcombsTXHY6 

Hi.  I've never been a fan of multiple projects as they always seem to create more headaches than they solve, but I won't go so far as to say don't use them.

For your frames, you might make use of the File Naming default, giving each frame design some unique identifier such as a prefix.  That could ensure unique file names across projects.

Look under Tools\Application OptionFile Naming Defaults

CGBenner_0-1619024055638.png

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 3
rcombsTXHY6
in reply to: CGBenner

How do you make sure changes you make to a new drawing with the same frame generated from the default never changes back to the default?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report