Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of iparts/iassemblies

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ChristiPedersen
150 Views, 2 Replies

Future of iparts/iassemblies

We have thousands of old ipart and iassemblies that are still being used.  But, we have also developed a new method of mass generating table driven parts/assemblies that create real parts/assemblies.  Not exactly using model states.  We want to push our group away from ipart/iassembly generation and into an ifactory generation based off issues we have always had with ipart/iassemblies.  What would help this push is knowing from Autodesk that they do not intend to fix these issues or do not intend to advance ipart/iassembly generation.  Our review is included.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Christi,

At the moment, I am not aware of any near-term plan to further enhance iPart/iAssembly, which is an integral part of Inventor Configuration solution. Some users think iPart/iAssembly is going away and it will be replaced by Model States. This is completely false. iPart/iAssembly is a great tool to build library components (not subject to constant editing).

iAssembly's own BOM isn't as complete as it should be. It is not in parity with a regular assembly. But if you place the iAssembly member as a library component in a new assembly, the BOM table in the new assembly will be able to show PartOnly view and Structured All-Level view.

Regarding other analysis items, I would need more detail (steps to recreate or the files) in order to comment further.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Eide.N
in reply to: ChristiPedersen

Hi @ChristiPedersen,

I was just telling a new Engineer how I want to redesign a product to get rid of our iPart nightmare. It was so good in the design stage, but has since become a disaster. iParts are great until Vault gets involved! 

Could you describe your iFactory process a little? I am curious if we could use something similar. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report