Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frictionless constraint not working

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
453 Views, 7 Replies

frictionless constraint not working

Can somebody take a look at this part and tell me why I cant put a frictionless constraint on the attaced part as in the image below

thanks

PDSU 2014

frictionless.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, that is interesting.

I can't apply a Fixed constraint to that face either?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

remove the last model feature and it works???  Ive tried building that model feature a number of different ways but same result

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

this is where im going, extrusion 36 fixes it, extrusion 37 stops you putting it on the top part of the face

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

thickening that face 1mm fixes it which will get me out of trouble but i dont like it at all

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

.....on related note - post in the idea station a suggestion for option to apply pressure to tangent faces - that is insane!   I guess never did anything more complex than a simple pressure vessel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

If I saved out as a STEP and read back in - the STEP seemed to work.  Not an ideal solution....

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

thanks, ill just run with the 1mm thicken on that face, I have to put a few more features around that circle anyway so maybe it will come back... and yes as soon as I get chance I will put the presure load on tangent faces on the iseas station, this is my 14th attempt at this model and each saveas and change normally requires about 25% of the faces to be reselected

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report