Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Parts List

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
668 Views, 6 Replies

Frame Parts List

I've got a fairly complex frame created with the frame generator that I've broken down into sub-assemblies by performing a 'save as' command, then disabling and suppressing parts with the exception of those that I want to retain in the sub-assembly. This works until I put the sub-assembly in a drawing, at which point the parts list shows everything, whether suppressed or not. How do I get it to show only the unsupressed parts?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

If I'm hearing you right, you used LOD on the sub-assemblies?  A drawing parts list will always show the Master LOD BOM.

If you broke (for example) one frame into two, may I ask why you didn't simply delete the portions of the frame in each that were no longer needed? 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

I didn't want to delete the parts because I didn't want to redo all the constriants of everything attached to the frame.

Message 4 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's a little trick...   On the components that you are trying to suppress in your sub-assembly, right mouse click on them in the Inventor browser window and change their BOM structure to reference.   That way they are suppressed and hidden from the BOM in that given sub-assembly.

Meaning change the BOM structure to reference and then suppress the components.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7

ALso for the future when working with complex frames, you may want to break them up into smaller frame generator assemblies and then combine them all together in one main assembly.

7-8-2015 5-26-58 PM.jpg

Keep it simple....

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks Mark, I'll keep that in mind for future applications, but there's a fly in the ointment: In the case of a frame, only the BOM structure of the frame itself can be modified, it's grayed out for the individual members Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks, I'd forgotten about the Demote command. Problem Solved!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report