Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame genretaor tab in custom content center profile

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
michael.harbove
268 Views, 1 Reply

Frame genretaor tab in custom content center profile

I have an structural extrusion profile in my content center that when creating a custom (not standard) piece of it it brings along with it a Frame Generator tab as sown below.  How do I get rid of this?  I suspect it plays havoc in the background and new custom profiles do not have this tab when following the same workflow.  Any ideas?

michaelharbove_0-1625065477749.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wgraham
in reply to: michael.harbove

Looks like the part was placed using frame generator then published a second time into content center.  There isn't a way to remove the browser pane from the UI, but it could be removed using the API.  Not sure this is a good idea though as there are hidden attributes associated with the part from frame generator.  These would still remain in the part which could potentially cause other problems.  With regard to potential havoc derived from the tab, the biggest one I know of is the inability so see the model browser when creating drawings for frame generator parts.  Best solution would be to find a copy of the original part pushed to CC before going through frame generator and republish it.  If you want to throw caution to the wind and try to using the API to fix your problem, the code below should do the trick.  Use at your own risk as there are potential other issues associated with this code.

Sub RemoveFrameGeneratorTab()

Dim doc As PartDocument
    Set doc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
    doc.BrowserPanes("Frame Generator").Delete
End Sub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report