Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame generator settings not persistent anymore

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
borre.hartviksen
797 Views, 7 Replies

Frame generator settings not persistent anymore

It seems that some settings are not persistent anymore in 2021 Frame generator settings. Prompt for filename, and the very important use part number from content center.

2020-04-05_20-16-02.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi  borre.hartviksen

Thanks for your comment.

The Frame Generator has been enhanced in 2021.

The Frame member file name can be preset with File Naming Defaults windows in the file tab under Application option. 

I believe this is requested by many users in the Ideas forum and implemented.

Hopefully the the new method will be more convenient for you.

Thanks.

File name default.png

Message 3 of 8

Hi
Yes, the news are great, but the settings to turn off "use part number from content center" is not persistant anymore.
Message 4 of 8

I couldnt edit my answer, but you talk about file name, i talk about the part number which is the seed property for Items in vault. When we place a frame member we set the switch to use part number equal filename. This is a setting that was made persistant i 2019 (?). Now you have to remember to turn it on for each session.

Message 5 of 8

Hello,

I understand that these settings are not persistent in R 2020, R 2021, but let me clarify. You need Use Part Number from Content Center ON, right? Sorry I am asking again, but this option is always (by default) ON.

Reading last post again - you are requesting default option Off, right?

Regards

Jan Priban

InsertFrameSettingsGreen.png

Message 6 of 8
jan_priban
in reply to: jan_priban

Also one idea coming into my mind - place iLogic rule into Frame Gen assembly template checking/setting PartNumber of frames. 

Jan Priban

Message 7 of 8
jan_priban
in reply to: jan_priban

I informed our development department, we will pay attention to your (legitimate) request

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 8 of 8

I want it off . This is custom content Center parts that should be named and kept like any other modelled part. Part number = filename. If I itemize it part number will be like item number. Use part number from Content Center should only be a default solution for Standard content.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report