Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
schapman7VJGD
211 Views, 2 Replies

Frame Generator problems

Hi,

My Name is Steve & I'm using Inventor 2022. I have been using Frame Generator with no problems....until yesterday. I'm trying to add a beam to a 2D/3D frame ipt. as normal, and it shows the beam in ghost so I can orientate it correctly. As soon as I "ok" the beam, it generates the beam, but seems to place the beam on the 0,0,0 origin position on the 2D/3D frame ipt. , with the beam extruding along the Z axis.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Many thanks,

Steve.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Steve,

The behavior does not sound familiar to me. Is it possible one of the frame member or the frame sub has "Enabled" unchecked? If possible, please share the files here. Forum expert can help take a further look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I had asked inhouse here too, and have had a reply just today. I hope you understand, but I didn't want to send the Frame assembly out to too many places.

Anyway...problem solved - It appears that the frame assembly was made flexible! This causes another type of constraint analysis inside of the assembly, that is not appropriate for frames.

schapman7VJGD_0-1647608930020.png

Thanks & Best regards,

Steve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report