Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator issues

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Enroc
603 Views, 9 Replies

Frame Generator issues

As you can imagine from the title, I'm making a frame; however, something went wrong with saving, which caused the assembly, where I made the frame, to somehow not include the frame gen in it, so today, I had to add the frame in this assembly manually. All is good so far, but now it comes. I want to add more frame parts to the frame, and now the assembly doesn't recognize it as a frame anymore but as a regular assembly. When I use the "Insert Frame" tool, it wants to create a new frame, which I don't want. 

There is no old version and we don't use vault so I cannot revert back to that. We work old fashioned with Inventor 2020. Is there a way to get my new frame parts in my original frame with the "Insert Frame" tool. Or to let the Assembly recognize the assembly as a frame again?

Labels (4)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CCarreiras
in reply to: Enroc

Hi!

Are you using a project file? and if so, is active? and all the parts and folders are inside the  main project folder?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Enroc
in reply to: CCarreiras

we have on general project, so not one for each order. It's always active and everything is within the main folder indeed. I do not think it has anything to do with that anyway. 

Message 4 of 10
CCarreiras

Could you give us a print of the model with the model browser panel ay least.

It's difficult to discover something with so little information.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Enroc

This is how my model tree looks like.

The BDP-010-Basismodel is a multi body part that has the frame sketches from where I made the frame. But this Assembly didn't safe the frame in it somehow. while the frame itself has been saved. Now I added the frame in it but now it sees it as a regular assembly instead of a generated frame. So I can make changes but I cannot add new frame parts to it. 

Enroc_0-1702636866015.png

It should be having this symbol instead of the assembly symbol

Enroc_0-1702637384237.png

Message 6 of 10
Enroc

I cannot give the model itself, Company policy etc.

Message 7 of 10
CCarreiras

If you create a new frame generator basic model, it happens again? or is only in that model?

I believe the frame sub assembly lost the link with the multisolid file, that's why i asked about the project file...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
Enroc

It has lost it's link indeed, but can I somehow reconnect that? I do not fancy recreating the entire thing all again. 

Message 9 of 10
CCarreiras

I guess is not possible to reconnect the reference sketch to the subassembly to turn it in a "manual frame generator" sub assembly.

The automatism is created in the initial assembly, where you created the frame.

Tip: Check the old versions folder and try to open the original assembly.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
Enroc

Yeah, I know that. That's f'ed. There have been some changes, and now I have to remake the whole frame. 

That was the first thing I did, but no old versions. I also stated that in my initial question. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report