Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator Issue

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
sMuldowneyYLYE8
453 Views, 11 Replies

Frame Generator Issue

I am trying to use frame generator and when I pick my sketch to layout the frame. I hit apply and they never show up. Is there a setting or is there a issue with frame generator. My co-worker, does exactly the same thing I do and his frame shows up. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

@sMuldowneyYLYE8 

Welcome to the Autodesk Community..

What Inventor version?

Are you seeing any messages?  Does it appear to lock up?  Do you have the preview option selected?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 12

Inventor 2019 And no messages and does not lock up and when I pick the sketch lines it shows the preview of the frame.

Message 4 of 12

@sMuldowneyYLYE8 

And what happens when you select apply or ok?  Nothing?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 12

Nothing it pauses as if it is doing something, but then nothing happens, goes back to the frame generator menu

Message 6 of 12

@sMuldowneyYLYE8 

When it happens, do the following

ALT+SPACEBAR

M key

LEFT or RIGHT arrow key

Move mouse..   Anything trapped to it?

Are you using Inv 2019 under Win 10?  If so what version of Win 10 is it?

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 12

I hit ALT+SPACEBAR the menu on top has numbers show up. M key brings up Measure menu, LEFT or RIGHT arrow key just moves the sketch I am using for the frame layout. Move mouse and nothing is trapped.

Message 8 of 12

Windows 10 Pro

Message 9 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: sMuldowneyYLYE8

@sMuldowneyYLYE8 wrote:

Inventor 2019 

Install Updates for 2019

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 12

Hi! Like JD mentioned here, you may want to install 2019.4 update followed by 2019.4.4 update. Also, make sure all critical Windows updates are installed.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 12

Apart from software issues, frame generator sometimes unable to create frame if there is arcs and the profile is bigger with respect to the arc. Please check that also.

Moshiur Rashid
Autodesk Certified Instructor
ACP | CSWE
https://www.autodesk.com/expert-elite/overview

LINKEDIN | FACEBOOK

Message 12 of 12

Hello @sMuldowneyYLYE8  !

Great to see you here on Inventor Forum.

Did you find a solution?
If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button as then also other community users can easily find and benefit from the information.
If not please don't hesitate to give an update here in your topic so all members know what ́s the progression on your question is and what might be helpful to achieve what you ́re looking for. 🙂

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report