Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

frame generator issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kaomar23
323 Views, 4 Replies

frame generator issue

hi dear inventor users

i have a question related to a frame generator i would be very gratefull for your valuable contribution and help 

im designing a frame for a machine and had an issue: i dont know what happened but all the frame members are now with an "i" before each member and with the message: frame member is referencing to a no existing geometry and i cant delete each member and re generate each one its very tedious

so im wondering if there is  a way to restore the link between each member and its geometry 
many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SharkDesign
in reply to: kaomar23

I'm going to guess that you have deleted or moved your skeleton model.

Frame generator is really particular about how it is set up.

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
SharkDesign

Here is the setup for a frame:

jameswillo_1-1636442430811.png

The 'container' as I call it, is the main assembly, this is what you should insert into the top level assembly. 

The frame sketch is your sketch that defines it. DON'T DELETE THIS. This will cause your members to get a blue i.

The frame assembly contains the skeleton and the frame members. This is a new assembly is created in your job folder, don't insert this into your top level assembly. 

The skeleton is created by inventor and lives as another part in your job folder. DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE THIS.

The frame members sit at the bottom. 

If you have deleted or moved the two files I mentioned above, this destroys your frame. 

If you can put them back, you may be able to save it, but if you've deleted them out of the assembly itself you are knackered. 

Expert Elite
Message 4 of 5
kaomar23
in reply to: SharkDesign

thanks for your answer but i didn't move or delete nothing it happend once i have added a member
thats it
Message 5 of 5
SharkDesign

Can you attach a screenshot? 

Or better still attach the assembly and files. 

Expert Elite

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report