Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator / additional profile sizes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2624 Views, 2 Replies

Frame Generator / additional profile sizes

Hello All,

A simple Frame Generator question here.  Love the Frame Generator but in this case I simply need a 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/8" angle and my library has only 1" x 1" x 1/8" as the smallest.

I am not a big time model publisher and author so I hope this is easy, but I just simply need a smaller angle profile for my Frame Generator.  Is there a simple way I can modify a larger size and save and publish it or perhaps it's downloadable from somewhere?  Can anyone help?

Much Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

You have to create your own read write content center library..  Copy the out-of-box structural section to your new library..  Then you can go in (content center editor) and edit the information residing in your customer read/write library and then add the sizes that you need.

See these 2 articles:

https://synergiscadblog.com/2014/03/17/working-with-autodesk-inventor-content-center-part-2-of-3/

and

https://synergiscadblog.com/2014/03/28/working-with-autodesk-inventor-content-center-part-3-of-3/

Update:  Clarification and the correct part 3 article linked.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

worked like a charm, thank you Mark.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report