Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force path wires to the bend radius

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
795 Views, 1 Reply

Force path wires to the bend radius

Hello,

I am using the Harness module of the Autodesk Inventor 2015 to route wires from a connector panel to the entry of a cable wrap chain. I have created custom wires for this purpose and specified a bend radii. I also have added pins to the connection locations and authored them to indicate the direction.

If I route wires just between pins, Inventor uses a longer bend radii than the specified one (as shown in the picture), invading other components. 

If I set a segment with apparently enough space to match the specified bend radii, it takes a smaller one.

Inventor tells me that "these wires do not satisfy the bend radius, at these points," but then Inventor expects me to manually edit the points or the segment routing the cable, and this will be a nightmare.

Is there any way to force Inventor to be compliant with the bend radii specified?  

I have spend hours reading and searching info, but I am stuck.

Can anyone help me please?

cw.PNG

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

The bend radius defined for each wire is a "minimum" not a requirement to always follow.

It is for the purpose of bend radius checking to ensure that the minimum requirement is met per typical cabling standards.

No there isn't a way to set it to automatically follow and enforce that as the only bend radius. And as you have seen the program itself will violate that with its own chosen route. 

You will need to manually route the wires by adding/refining points or ditch the cable harness system and model up your own wires as sweeps. 

The cable/harness environment was created a long time ago and leaves a lot to be desired. 

Supposedly the actual usage is so low that it gets little to no development dollars to improve it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report