Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip view projection from 3rd angle to 1st angle - INVENTOR

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jelHLSU7
400 Views, 5 Replies

Flip view projection from 3rd angle to 1st angle - INVENTOR

Have a bunch of 2D drawings (.dwg format) ready for production (recived from other subsidary) but all drawings are made with 3rd angle projection from main view. Wish to flip all to 1st. angle (EU standard) to avoid misunderstandings during prduction.

Question: Any easy way to do this (semi) automatic??? Or are we forced to do this the hard way one drawing at the time?? For the time beeing it's about 200+ drawings so hope there is an easy time-saving way to do this. 

Set-up is INVENTOR professional 2023 + Vault professional 2023 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gavin.allenHSSRX
in reply to: jelHLSU7

Hi @jelHLSU7 , I can only offer a partial solution, which you may already know.

Under the manage tab is 'Styles Editor', in here is the 'View Preferences' tab, you can switch between 'Third Angle' and 'First Angle', click on save and then save and close. Click on the main central view, then you should be able to click on update. The views linked to the central view will all change, but those not linked will not change.

If you rummage or search on the iLogic and VB forum, you may find that a bright spark has automated this process.

K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)
Life doesn't have to be complicated.
Designs don't have to be complicated.
GOD Bless you.
Message 3 of 6
blandb
in reply to: gavin.allenHSSRX

If I understand the posting, they are already have 2D only. This will not work as they don't have access to the drawing and models used to make the drawings, so the styles will only work if you are actually creating the drawings inside INV. Maybe I misunderstood?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 4 of 6
jelHLSU7

Message 5 of 6
jelHLSU7
in reply to: blandb

I think you misunderstood. Not surprised as pur set-up is a bit odd.
Drawings are linked to models. Company decision is to have all 2D's out as .dwg format rather than the "standard" .idw. However, the setup and workspace in INVENTOR is exactly the same no matter the output. Onky difference is we create an .dwg and not a .idw when we hit save.
Message 6 of 6
jelHLSU7

Thanks Gavin

Didn't know that so I'll give it a shot for sure. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report