Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat pattern always flipped

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1006 Views, 5 Replies

Flat pattern always flipped

This is actually in Inventor pro not fusion 360 but im thinking the solution may be the same. Whenever I create a flat pattern so i can export the file to sheetcam it flips and give me a reverse image. So everything I cut has the dross a cleanup on the wrong side, id prefer cleanup to be on the back even if it is minor.

Any ideas on how to change this setting?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CadManagerMoffatNZ
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Carter

you need to use the "A-Side" definition.

In your part (before you create a flat pattern) start the A-Side Command and pick the "Up / Good (If you using coated stainless steel). The flat pattern will now develop with this face up.

A-Side.JPG

Hope this helps.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or LIKES button below.

Daren

Dell Precision 7720 + P3418HW
Windows 10
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
Inventor 2021.0.1, Vault Professional 2021, Showcase 2017
Message 3 of 6
JDMather

Other than setting the A-side, you can right click on the Flat Pattern node>Edit Definition and Flip.

Flip Base Face.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Inventor and Fusion do share some similarity in Sheet Metal but there are differences. Please share the file here so forum experts can take a look and understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
hyperCut
in reply to: JDMather

Also have this problem in Fusion 360 but looks like fusion 360 does not have this option to change it ?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

If you place the flat pattern on a drawing does the "front" come out correctly or flipped? If it comes out flipped in this case then the others recommending A-Side are correct, however if it is correct when you do this there may be a setting in the export configuration. I had an issue at one point where every time I did an "export face" the part would be upside down. In my situation all I had to do was edit an export configuration to not flip on export. While I haven't used sheetcam, Inventor Nesting can also flip on import depending on the configuration used, so you may want to look at import settings if they are there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report