Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet or Corner Round between 2 solid bodies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joeX375S
315 Views, 4 Replies

Fillet or Corner Round between 2 solid bodies

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a fillet or corner round between 2 solid bodies in a multi body sheet metal part, see screenshot below.

Is this possible?

joeX375S_0-1643607981262.png

Cheers,

Joe

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gcoombridge
in reply to: joeX375S

The short answer is no. You're thinking of it as one edge when it is two of little thickness. Is the part to be folded or pressed?

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 3 of 5
IgorMir

Hi Joe,
It can be achieved with the Cut tool. Just like it is shown in the attached file. IV2020 format.

Cheers,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 4 of 5
joeX375S
in reply to: gcoombridge

Yes, 2 separate parts that will be profile cut, folded then welded together. I can achieve what I’m after by manually drawing and cutting/extruding the shape and also by doing after the file has been exported to .dxf format. However both these options are quite time consuming. I’m hoping for a way to use the fillet tool to achieve this. 

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

@joeX375S wrote:

I can achieve what I’m after by manually drawing and cutting/extruding the shape….

Attach the *.ipt file illustrating your manual technique.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report