Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
450 Views, 3 Replies

FEA problems

I have problems with my finite element analysis. I am trying to test the positive Wind pressure on a window frame and analyze the results at the bottom of the frame. More precisely, i want to see by how much the screws deflect from its orginal postition. The goal is to reduce the amount of screws as much as possible. Can someone help me with this problem?

thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I forgot to state the actual problem. Well, the problem is that i can't seem to get a simulation running. It says there are one or more bodies that are identified as too thin, which causes a problem. Therefore, I Search for thin bodies and replace them by midsurfaces. When I do that, it says i have invalid surfaces. I am really confused with this situation. Also, I attached the file of my assembly so you guys could have a look at it. The assembly I am testing is ASM_FRAME-X_TEST_16

Once again thank you very much

Message 3 of 4
kelly.young
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous I see that you are visiting as a new member to the Inventor Forum.
Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Thanks for attaching your model, makes it much easier to investigate. With the complexity of your extrusions having small features and many radii, you are going to find running FEA on the production model difficult if not impossible. You could possibly isolate just a small section of where the screws are located for better results.

I'm going to tag in our simulation expert @KubliJ for a better technical explanation of where your difficulties are.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 4 of 4
KubliJ
in reply to: kelly.young

Hi @Anonymous,

The challenge with your model has to do with the relative complexity versus the overall size of the model.  The small fillets and ribbing compared to the overall length of the parts is going to cause meshing issues.  It is not going to be possible within Inventor stress analysis, and would be all but difficult in other FEA programs.

Inventor stress will not be able to convert these to midplane bodies because thicknesses change, and ribbing.  Conversion to thin bodies is very limited in intelligence.

But if you are only really interested in the screews constraining the window at the bottom, then I think you can replace the whole window with a simplified shape to take up the wind press and see the deformation from the screw constraints.

Thanks,

James

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report