Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA - Inventor 2017 Professional

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
315 Views, 3 Replies

FEA - Inventor 2017 Professional

Hello,

I am trying to use the FEA features on IV to speed up initial designs.  I typically export a STEP file and use an older version of Agor FEA.  But, that is very time consuming when several design iterations are needed.

My question:  I need to apply several point loads at specific locations on Marine Mooring Bollards.  With Algor, I can apply point loads on nodes that are in the correct locations.  Within IV's FEA, how do I apply point loads at a specific location?  It will not apply loads to nodes.  I have tried defining both Points and Working Points in the model where the loads need to be.  But, it will not attach point loads to these.  I have tried defining remote loads by coordinates, but, the FEA results are not correct.  Usually about half of what they should be.  What is the work around to get point loads where I need them?

Thank you, 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Create sketches:

Make some closed profiles.

Those profiles represent the areas where you want ot apply loads.

With the Split tool, use the profiles to split faces.

Now you have surfaces to apply loads.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Creating Faces for Loads and Constraints

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report