Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lkirit2000
178 Views, 2 Replies

Extend

Hi 

Please see the attached image and PART FILE, I tried to extend the line ( red circled ) towards left down corner, but couldn't . What could be the reason ?

Rgds

extend.JPG 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi, The reason is that it was created with a linear pattern of sketch entity, and can not modify the arc because it would no longer be the same as the initial arc.
Suggestion: As far as possible, avoid the use of circular and linear patterns in the sketches. If you visualize a linear or circular pattern try to visualize it as a pattern of operations, first imagine a cut in a solid, and then a linear pattern of the cut over the solid.
The patterns of operations are very safe, they are updated without problems.
On the other hand, the patterns of sketch entities can give many headaches when they need to make a modification in the design. For example if you need a linear pattern of 10 arcs, and the seventh needs to eliminate it, from the sketch you will have big headaches, instead if you make a pattern of cylindrical solids and then with eliminating face, you eliminate instance 7, then combine Cutting can reach its shape without problems.
I hope I have been clear and can you solve your problem. regards

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3

Hi Guys,

Sketch Pattern helps populate sketch geometry quickly. However, the patterned geometry has to obey the source geometry and its constraints, which can lead to confusing behaviors. Another option is to turn off Associative option. When you create the sketch pattern, expand the dialog -> uncheck "Associative." The resultant pattern will be free geometry allowing you to edit however you like.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report