Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Visible to STEP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Slava_S
281 Views, 1 Reply

Export Visible to STEP

Hello, 

I use Inventor since 2015, and still missing a functionality of exporting 'clean' assemblies to STEP files to customers - all hidden parts should not be shown. 

The main GA assembly has many sub assemblies with different view representations. We toggle between main assembly views and save them to STEP, however all hidden parts are still visible.

In old Inventors we noticed that regardless the current view, STEP was exported to last saved state of each subassembly. In 2023 everything is shown and it is a mess.

"Copy to model state" and "Shrinkwrap"/"derive" did not work well for us. 

Please share your ideas or iLogic codes.

Thank you all

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Slava_S

Hi Slava,

I am sorry I am confused. STEP Export does skip invisible components or suppressed components. The exported STEP should be wysywyg. Please share an example that illustrates the opposite behavior. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report