Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export Inventor to robot or creation of a variabe section

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
515 Views, 5 Replies

export Inventor to robot or creation of a variabe section

Hi everyone, I hope everything is fine for you.

As you can see in the picture, I am modelizing a beam, which is part of a frame. As it has a variable section, I realized it with extrusion and sketch.

poutre inventorr.PNG

The problem is that I have to import it in a Robot file. As I understand it it's not possible (the option export to robot doesn't show up)  because the beam are not recognized as beam besause there is no skeleton and section from the librairie.

I don't find any tutorial explaining how to create beam with variable section. Is it possible?

Do you have any idea how I could get this part in Robot ? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

You can simply export your Inventor model as a step (stp) or Iges file and open that in Robot..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/robot-structural-analysis-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHe...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

msg erreur ligne 26.PNG

I also tried but it doesn't work. And... how to say... I don't really speak this language

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

msg erreur ligne 26.PNG

I also tried but it doesn't work. And... how to say... I don't really speak this language

By your name I'd think you were French.... But thats Chinese isn't it?

Why Chinese?

Why not analyse it using Inventors FEA tools?

Do you get the same error if you use step AND iges files? 

At this point I'd suspect you should really be addressing these questions to the robot forum as Inventor is capable of exporting files so this is really a robot program issue..

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/bd-p/351

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes I am french but I really don't know why i have a chinese error message.

I also tried with igs file, there is no error message but it just does not work, when i finish to import it, there is Nothing else on my screen than the blue desk of Robot.

I want to import it on robot beacause it is a part of a big structure made in beam model, I just want to see the intern stress in one beam.

I will try to ask the Robot forum

Thanks 🙂

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The error message is random two-byte characters carrying no meanings.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report