Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DXF face of solid part

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
filippo.costantin3HZMT
704 Views, 3 Replies

Export DXF face of solid part

Hi, 

I need to export the front face in DXF format of solid part, and I need to see the feature on the back face of model. Were an iLogic rule that could help me? Or someone know how do it? 

I don't want to xport the back face in DXF because if i haven't symetric features in the panel they resuts mirrorered. 

In attached you can find the ipt part, and a DWG drawing that showing how I wolud export the model. 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Start a new sketch on the face to export.

Project geometry and select the back face.  (This will project directly without changing mirror position.)

Right click on the sketch in the browser and select Export Sketch as... *.dxf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4

This is a good solution for one panel, but if I have many panels how can I automize it?

When I project the back face  and after i add a feature then I think the sketch doesn't upgrade the changing. 

Message 4 of 4

@filippo.costantin3HZMT wrote:

When I project the back face  and after i add a feature then I think the sketch doesn't upgrade the changing.

Make sure to roll back in history before the sketch to add features.

Then you will have to manually Project those features.  (If you Projected the face again, you will have double lines, which may or may not be a issue.)

For automation - you might post this question over in the Inventor Customization forum.

Be sure to include complete description and perhaps link back to this thread. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report