Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export drawing to .dwg 1:1 scale WITH text

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmenier
197 Views, 3 Replies

Export drawing to .dwg 1:1 scale WITH text

I would like to know if anyone knows how to trick Inventor into export a part detail from an Inventor drawing to a dwg or dxf in a 1:1 scale with the text that is inscribed in the part.

Yes I know I could export at the sheet scale and then resize them in autocad, don't want to do that.

Yes I could just copy and paste the text after 1to1 dwg creation, again don't want to do that either.

Why I want this: We use Hypertherm Pronest and want to go directly from Inventor drawing to pronest without opening and modifying in Autocad. Pronest can use the inscribed text and extract it as data to fill in values the software needs to run. This would be an incredible time saver.

What I have tried: All the export options baked into Inventor, changing layers of the text to try and trick Inventor to export it by thinking its a part line and that's about where I am now.

Anyone have a workaround? Example screenshot of part with text inscribed in the part attachedpart.png.

Construction Engineer, PE
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jmenier

Hi! In your case, the text in the drawing is just a text object, not a feature in the part (shown in the drawing view), right? If I understood your request correctly, you would like the text to scale up 13 times in the exported dxf file. Is that correct?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
jmenier
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I need the parts on the page to be exported 1:1, the text can be whatever size, no need to scale just so long as it gets exported too (as text). I tried to emboss on the part that doesn't fulfill my needs.

Construction Engineer, PE
Message 4 of 4
Frederick_Law
in reply to: jmenier

I did same thing for flat layout.

Flat in drawing and add notes.

I'll delete border and other views before save as dwg.

By the way.

Set scale to Base View Scale - Modelspace.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report