Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using Inventor Studio

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
719 Views, 7 Replies

Error when using Inventor Studio

What causes this error, in Studio, I'm using 2011 Pro and every time I try to do a sample run of the animation time line I get this error, it freezes up the time line and have to exit Inventor to get the program to work. The Video I am making is less then 25 seconds it just has a about 12 different constraints moving Id hardly call this overkill so what gives?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have now tryed this on my laptop Dell M6500 and basically got the same error, anyone ever seen this and how do you correct the animation definition? Does the error mean time line or the actual constraint?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I personally have never come across this error, but I know that a lot of Inventor users have had issues with Studio unexpectedly crashing or exiting while rendering.  If you haven't already, you might want to download Service Pack 1.  It addresses these issues. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Well its not the Service pack because im running Sp1 on both machines, even when I output a rendered animation its like the animation pauses in the output file then jumps up to where it should be in the time line. Like the processor or memory or something in the time line is screwballed, im wondering if its the complexty of what I trying to animate. I would love to give this to one of the AutoDesk dood's here who love to show off there "look at me im a pro with a certificate" Just kiddin, they are like a breed of humanoid who can usually get to the bottom of my quirky errors 😞 But in this instance this particular project has me gagged Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Here is a screen show of the time line, could it be too many breaks? The thing is, im trying to simulate acceleration or decceleration in the breaks by shorting the time time line. Hence the reason for so many breaks.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I conferred with a colleague of mine who knows a bit more than I about Studio, and he said this error will come up when there is an issue with constraints.  You might want to double check the constraints in your assembly, to make sure they were constrained properly.  For example, when using the Mate constraint, select the free floating component first and the grounded component second.  All your constraints should be set up this way.  Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I'll double check that, and let you know thanks for the the feedback

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, I'd like to reopen this issue...

I have Inventor LT Suite 2011, 64 bit installed on Windows 7 x64 machine.

ATI FirePro 5700 card & 6GB DDR3 EC RAM.

I get the unexpected exit error in Inventor Studio, always around the 5th or 6th attempt at rendering (first few are ok). No error message, and it's only a single part with 2 solid bodies, all constraints correct as far as Inventor can tell.

There's a hotfix for Inventor, but it won't install for me because we have LT!

Any help appreciated 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report