Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error to salve DWG Arquive in autodesk inventor 2020

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
207 Views, 2 Replies

Error to salve DWG Arquive in autodesk inventor 2020

Hi, i have one project in autodesk inventor 2018, in format dwg. I can open the arquive dwg using autodesk inventor 2020 and print it.
But when I try and save in dwg (2020) format, the archive appears to salve. But when I try to open it appers the message "the arquive is being this used" .
Then I close the Autodesk inventor 2020 e i try open the arquive again, and it open empty and with only 9kb.
When I do the same procedure above and save in idw format, the arquive open the perfectly.
Do you can help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Could you help upload a sample DWG file here for more investigation?

Or direct to me via xun.zhang@autodesk.com.

Xun
Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The behavior does not sound right. But, one thing to check quickly. It could be related to out-of-sync dwg versioning. What is the version of AutoCAD dwg file set to? Is it AutoCAD 2018? Inventor 2020 (starting from 2018) defaults to AutoCAD 2018 dwg. If the AutoCAD dwg file was created earlier than 2018, saving it in Inventor will bump up the dwg version. After that, the file cannot be opened in older AutoCAD.

Make sure you find out what AutoCAD version is allowed to open the file. Then go to Inventor -> Tools -> App Options -> Drawing -> select the appropriate AutoCAD dwg version.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report