Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equal colors in all drawing views (Shaded), Autodesk Inventor 2024

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
valdas_kulikajevasYW7SV
166 Views, 4 Replies

Equal colors in all drawing views (Shaded), Autodesk Inventor 2024

In drawings, I need the colors to remain the same throughout all views and sections. more Pastel like / homogenic (no shades, reflections, highlights). I understand that shading colors is based on light source in Autodesk Inventor.

Is it possible to overcome this, and make light ambient in this case, so that shading would work without light source direction? Even using non reflective material, I get difference in shades from different views and sections...

why not colors depicted equally.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi! If I understand your request correctly, you would like to disable the association between drawing shaded views and the model light source.

There is an environment variable to control the behavior. See https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/very-dark-drawing-views/td-p/9799797

Basically, go to Windows Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> create

"UseModelLightingForDrawingView" and set it to 0.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5

Thank you @johnsonshiue  for reply. I will definitely have a look. Although it is bizarre to me, that this setting is controlled via Windows Variable, instead of internal program feature...

I will let you know, if it helped. 

Message 4 of 5

Hello @johnsonshiue,  the result is terrible. As in jamesVM3XN thread, you get colors very dark. I don't wish that.

Is there an alternative to this?

Screenshot_1.png

Message 5 of 5

Hi! Unfortunately, not. The registry key restores the old lighting behavior. I guess you may want to remove the environment variable. Open the assembly and select a much brighter lighting style.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report