Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Drawing References Parts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Josh_Hunt
377 Views, 4 Replies

Empty Drawing References Parts

The drawing used to reference directly to the 2 IPTs shown because note text was linked to parameters in the those IPTs. That text was deleted a long time ago and the reference still exists.

My actual file is much more detailed but I've attached the simplified files to make the issue clear. I deleted all sheets, title blocks, borders, sheet sets, and sketch symbols. So where could the file reference possibly be?

(my actual file still has a reference to the assembly because of a drawingView but I'm surprised it still exists after deleting all sheets!)

image.png

image.png

Josh Hunt
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Josh_Hunt

Hi Josh,

Thanks for reporting back.

The problem were addressed by two tickets (INVGEN-18350&INVGEN-16441) internally, could you help share more details if possible to duplicate the problem from scratch such as create a new drawing and then...

The information is really important for us to resolve the problem.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 3 of 5
Josh_Hunt
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

@Xun.Zhang thank you for quick reply. I am using Inventor 2017.4.5 and we can't upgrade in the middle of this large automation project. What version and service pack addressed this?

How was the issue resolved? Can you point me to something in the API object model to access and change to remove the link?

I can't reproduce it with a new dwg. The link from drawing to those parts was created before I joined this project. I deleted that text a year ago and now I pull values from parts using iLogic.

Josh Hunt
Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Josh_Hunt

Hi Josh,

How are you doing? I think we did have some reference corruption in past releases. The files were created and saved in 2016 or earlier, right? The corruption has been fixed in later releases. Unfortunately, the fixes are not portable to older releases due to migration requirement.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Josh_Hunt
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you @Xun.Zhang and @johnsonshiue. Not the answer I wanted but it is an answer.

@johnsonshiue Files were created on with 2017 (Build 210142000, 142)

My workaround is to Replace Model Reference of the 2 parts to 1 part that will always exist in the assembly/design.

Josh Hunt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report