Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss function text will Emboss from face but not engrave in face

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mitchELAHB
413 Views, 6 Replies

Emboss function text will Emboss from face but not engrave in face

Hello All,

I'm having an issue with custom fonts being embossed.

I'm trying to make a variant of an existing font so it is suitable for profile cutting.

I've looked and found a few similar topics talking about the emboss function with custom fonts, although not exact.

however as I'm making the font I've been able to work through the issues and am at the point I'm almost happy with it.

the issue I'm coming up against is that the emboss function will emboss from the face fine but some characters will not engrave into/through it. however if I subtract the embossed letters from/through a body it works fine.

Error is: the attempted operation did not produce meaningful intersection edges from the face-face intersection. Try with different inputs.

inventor professional 22 and 21, Win10.0.19041

cannot attach font.

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bhavik4244
in reply to: mitchELAHB

@mitchELAHB 

It would be nice if you can attache the part.

You may try with the selection given below in sanp.

bhavik4244_0-1623061674230.png

Bhavik Suthar
Message 3 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! Please share the file here. I would like to take a look. We do have geometry-specific failure in this workflow.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
mitchELAHB

Ive attached a test part that exhibits the issue. but I don't know if it work as it wont let me attach the font used.

i found another strange bit of behaviour, the Captial O will work most of the time, but in some words like hello and noelle it causes an error. that is baffling to me that it would work as a character but not as part of a word.

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! It must be the missing font. I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior. Please zip up the font and attach it here.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
mitchELAHB

Font is zipped and attached.

recommend installing it via 'font settings' rather than dropping it in the fonts folder. and unistalling it the same way when done. ive had problems with fonts in the past doing it the traditional way.

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! It looks like a bug to me. But, I am seeing a slight different behavior. If I select Engrave without checking "Wrap to Face", it will work. But, if "Wrap to Face" is checked, the resultant cut is wrong.

I think this is a bug in the way Inventor convert the text to the profile. I will work with the project team and see what we can do.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report