Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit in Context, transparent edges

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Mgła3
150 Views, 1 Reply

Edit in Context, transparent edges

When I edit a part in context, the other parts go transparent. However, I can hardly see them, and when I change to edges shown or any of the line only views, the transparent parts don't show up at all. Am I missing something? Shouldn't I be able to see the parts I'm trying to edit in the context of? I have holes I want to align with another part, but I can't see the holes, I can't snap to the hole centers, I can't convert geometry, etc. I don't want to have external links, I just want to see and snap to the hole location and then define the position with a dimension within the part.

Why does this seem so difficult, isn't is something that everyone does as standard practice?

There are holes in the transparent part below, but I can't see or use them to place the threaded hole in the mating part.

Mga3_0-1712261221843.png

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
otte845
in reply to: Mgła3

Go to File -> Options -> Display, and check Display Edges under Inactive Component Appearance

otte845_0-1712261783378.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report