Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Dimension Box in 2016

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
281 Views, 2 Replies

Edit Dimension Box in 2016

Afternoon all,

I am writing this in the hopes that someon can tell me how to solve this very annoying issue. We recently were upgraded to Inventor 2016 and over the last week I have noticed an annoying habit when dimensioning. As you know when you dimension a dialog box appears giving you an option to override the dimension or add more information. However now I have noticed we have a new sidebar on the right side of the box with all the shortcuts to different characters. While in theory this seems smart I have noticed that when it opens it will then randomly put in one of these characters at the end of my dimension. I can only assume it corresponds to wherever my mouse is sitting at the time. 

Does anyone know how to shut this feature off? If its not possible I understand but it is very annoying. 

Dialog Box.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

The issue is based on where your mouse is when your clicking...  Sometimes too many clicks puts you mouse pointer right over the characters.   This same workflow was reported a few days ago on the discussion group.   It has nothing to do with Inventor 2016...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/dimesion-text-adding-random-symbols/m-p/57...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report