Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Content Library w/ Part # & Materials

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
129 Views, 2 Replies

Edit Content Library w/ Part # & Materials

I need to be able to have 2 or more screws the same size, type & length but with different materials & part numbers. (ie. two 1/4-20 flat head screws x 1/2"L one in 18-8 SS one in 316L SS)

I can edit the spread sheet & all is accepted & looks fine, BUT the library browser only allow you to choose based on Thread description & length.

Is it possible to configure the view in the library browser to show additional fields / choices like in iParts? Or do I have to give some wierd name in the thread designation.

ALso, how do I control the list order in the library browser? Example I added a new 1/4-20 screw & you have to scroll to the end of the list to find/see/select it.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that you will have to make a copy of the part for each material that you want. Also if you make your own library with the most used parts or look at the favourites or history for the library. Kathy Johnson
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks so much for the reply.

I did make a copy of the screw and the only change was material & part number, however, the alternate material screw will not show up in the library browser.

If I can find it & use it, it will show up in my favorites & history but I am trying to set up the library for use company wide so everyone uses the same content library. Each persons favorites will be different (I think).

I guess what I need to know, is if there is a way to add the material field as a selection in the browser bar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report