Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Simulation - Can't get parts to contact

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kseminsky
255 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Simulation - Can't get parts to contact

I created a simple frame model of an articulating chassis structure. The point of this model is to check my hand calculations (forces at the joints) which is then used for other analysis of the individual parts of the chassis. 

I brought my model into dynamic simulation and all the joints seem to set up fine. I do have a warning about over constraint, however it looks to move properly. I am trying to retrieve the force of the ball contacting the "stabilizer", see image below. I am applying a force to the "chassis center" piece, allowing the articulation to move and as a result the ball should contact the "stabilizer" bar. However, I've tried several attempts using 2D contact, 3D contact, changing the geometry, etc.. but the ball always moves through the "stabilizer" surface. The geometry does not have to be a ball, but many of the examples I saw using 3D contact were spheres contacting planes, so I modeled accordingly. Open to suggestions. 

I attached the model files. I greatly appreciate any thoughts. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: kseminsky

@kseminsky 

I see several issues with your design - but I will be on vacation till second week of June.

If someone does not solve the issues for you - bump this back to the top in June.

Message 3 of 3
kseminsky
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Bump!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report