Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings in multiple languages

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1099 Views, 6 Replies

Drawings in multiple languages

Hello guys, I'm trying to figure out an easy way (if any exist) to make a drawing/sheet in multiple languages of the same part. We have and make thousands of parts every year so it'll have to be an automated process after I've made the customization. I'm thinking, that for every part/assembly I need X sheets, 1 for every different language I need. How can I control the different iProperties in the different sheets/Titleblocks? I'm hoping that someone have had a similar problem or encounter 🙂
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm in the same boat .... work for a German company, and we have German everything. However now we have an American HQ. So I've been working on an Ilogic code to flip everything.

There are Ilogic codes out there for sheets and Titleblocks. The sketch symbols was the hard part.    

It's not a simple task for 2 languages,, I'd hate to see if it was more than 3.    

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

So basically what youre saying is, that I can create 1 drawing and through iLogic make the switch between languages in iProperties and Title block?

Message 4 of 7
mdavis22569

You can ilogic change out Titleblocks ...

Not sure what you mean for Iproperties without seeing them ... So I can't say 100% yes to that. But you should be able to do swap's if Iprop = A, then change to B ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I mean that somewhere I will have to have the iProperties for the different languages and somehow I will have to switch between them?
Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

I know that you are using Inventor..  But another option (you would have to test)..  Is to export it to AutoCAD drawing and then use the COINS translator add-in (its free)..  https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aCOINS-Translate%3a...

There are other language add-ons in the AutoCAD Exchange App store for AutoCAd but I have used the COINS before and it seems to work pretty good.

There is one for Inventor https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3afx64translatio... you may want to look at but there's a cost assoicated to it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

That's interesting, Mark. I'm not sure if it's enough in this particular situation but I can definately use it in others.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report