Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing template question

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jim2W82A7
833 Views, 9 Replies

Drawing template question

It took a long time but I finally found where to change the default color for text on my drawing template, and made a bunch of additional changes.  So far, so good.  But when I right-click on the drawing name and select 'New sheet' it comes up with the old template for the second and all subsequent sheets, and I can't find where to change it.  Please help.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: jim2W82A7

@jim2W82A7 

Is it possible that the template you have setup is reading part properties and not drawing properties?

Did you save your template to your template directory over writing the old one?

Is your template path correct in the application options under the file tab?

Did you just updated the one in your drawing file only and it never got written back top the actual template file?

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
jim2W82A7
in reply to: Cadmanto

I loaded the template (Standard.dwg) from my template file, made the changes - many tries - and saved it back until I finally had found how to change the text color (and also the justification and font).  When I start a new drawing (New>Drawing) the revised template comes up.  It's when, in that drawing, I right-click on the drawing name at the top of the browser and select New Sheet that the old template comes up.

Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto

I get it!!!

What version are you using of Inventor?

Can you post your template to look at?

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 10
jim2W82A7

This is Inventor Professional 18.  Template attached.

Message 6 of 10
Cadmanto

@jim2W82A7 

Below is what I think you are referring to as what you are having trouble with.  If not, please explain in more detail.

TB.pngTB1.png

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 10
jim2W82A7
in reply to: Cadmanto

That's it!  Dope slap self-administered.  Thanks for straightening me out! I didn't want that to be part of the title block because sometimes I have to move it out of the way.

So why is it on the first sheet but not subsequent sheets?  And can I make it come up on subsequent sheets?

Message 8 of 10
Cadmanto

If it is embedded into the title block, it will show up on all sheets.  What I would do in this case is under the resources in the browser there is a symbol section.  Create a new symbol and make this text part of it.  Have this symbol in all of your drawing formats and just insert it as you need it where you need it.

As a side note, what you have in this note, is typically part of the title block.  It is part of mine.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2021

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi Jim,

Like Scott mentioned here, you will need to edit the Title Block definition and include the text in the TB. Only Border and TB are inserted to a new sheet.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 10
jim2W82A7
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks all!  Now I have to decide whether the convenience of having it in the title block outweighs the convenience of being able to move it out of the way if I want that area for a view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report