Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing name in the Title block of inventor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
488 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing name in the Title block of inventor

hello Everyone,

I'm currently having a situation with Inventor drawing.

The situation is this. I have an assembly with many components that are welded together.

In the first page of the IDW, I brought in the main assembly and did the drawing with different views and everything went fine.

In the second page, I wanted to place the views of the individual components in the assembly. 

But I made a mistake and brought the first view in the page as one of the components and not the assembly. Now the two pages of the IDW have different names (First one with the number of the assembly and the second one that of the component).

So what I did was that made a third page, brought in the correct view as the first one and copied all the views from the other page to the new one. But when I did that, all the projected views were placed as new views and didn't have any connection to the main view.

My question to you is, is this the only way of doing it, or is there a way where I can parametrically change the number on display in the Titleblock without creating a new page and all these copy and paste.

Thanks and regards

Prasanna

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Prasanna,

My first question is in the edit definition of your title block, why is your drawing name not the file name instead of the model name?  If it was changed to file name, then all of your sheets would be the same and I think it would be less confusing for you.

tb.png

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hello @Cadmanto,

thanks for the reply. The thing is that I'm only starting to do a lot of drawings in inventor and I'm not that good with the configuration procedure of it and am still learning. The settings were made by someone else and I'm trying to fix it on the go every time I encounter an issue and this is the first time I came across this thing and wanted to ask in the forum about it. 

But I'll now try and change the title block in the template to see if it works.

thanks and regards

Prasanna

Message 4 of 5
SBix26

@Anonymous wrote:

So what I did was that made a third page, brought in the correct view as the first one and copied all the views from the other page to the new one. But when I did that, all the projected views were placed as new views and didn't have any connection to the main view.

This procedure should have worked for you.  You must copy all the connected views at once so that they remain connected, but this should work exactly as you have described.

Please, always tell us what version of Inventor you're using in the first post; saves the time and trouble of asking and responding later.  Sometimes it matters and sometimes it doesn't, but it never hurts.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.1 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 5
Cris-Ideas

Hi I would suggest you to consider redefining your title block and instead of part or file property use custom property.

This allows you to have any drawing title in the title block for each sheet.

Yes you have to type it for each sheet but I found this solution best and most flexible.

Cris.

Cris,
https://simply.engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report