Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Drawing Lineweight gets scaled according to View scale HELP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Kasimir455
216 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Lineweight gets scaled according to View scale HELP

With a View scale of 1:1 or larger the line thikness is displayed as specified in stiles editor. When the view scale is below 1:1, f.e.: 1:2 the line thickness is scaled to the opposite of the view scale. With a view scale of 1:2 the lines are zwice as thick  as specified in stiles editor in layers, for 1:10 thats ten times as thick.

How do I keep all lineweights unscaled, no matter wich view scale I use.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Kasimir455

Hi!

Here you can set these line tweaks.

CCarreiras_0-1685703201101.png

But be aware that this options are for all the drawings, not only for the open one.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Kasimir455
in reply to: CCarreiras

Display true line weigths is on since I need to export drawings. My problem again: With smaller scale the lines get thicker so you cant see anything. Id like the lines to get thinner with decreasing scale. For Example: 1:2 scale -> lines get scaled down to half their original size.

Message 4 of 5

Hi

Can you attach your project? Or at least a screenshot of the problem?
I have never encountered such a situation. The thickness of the line is either real or fixed (as shown by @CCarreiras  in the screenshots).

I haven't seen scaling views affect line width scaling yet.

Perhaps you should reset your Inventor settings (by the way, make sure you have all updates to your version).

If you want to change the thickness of individual lines, you can do it manually. You need to select them (ctrl + left click), then right-click and select Properties. There you can locally override graves for selected lines.

PS. As far as I know, displaying line thickness is a setting for displaying while working in the program - it has no effect on printing and export. This is just a display setting while working on a document.

You can test this by printing (exporting) a few sheets as a test. Including line thickness in the pdf file is set in the export window.

If you want to affect the default lineweights, open the style editor, find the layer category and globally change the lineweight for each linetype you need.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 5
Frederick_Law
in reply to: Kasimir455

Display Line Weight has nothing to do with printed/export lineweight.

I have it off since R5.3, I think.

Export and print always have correct lineweight.

This is how it looks with Display Line Weight on:

Lineweight-02.jpg

Lineweight-03.jpg

Where does the lineweight went wrong?

In IV drawing display?

Printed on paper?

Export to PDF?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report