Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing environment quality

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
stenhofsteenge
469 Views, 8 Replies

drawing environment quality

i have been using inventor 2018 since a few weeks now. 

1 thing is bothering me allot. 

when i have my views placed in the drawing environment and when i zoom in i see my views blurred. 

i takes a second and then they become sharp again. really enoying when you zoom in the attached your dimension to a particular line. 

previously i used 2013 and never had the problem.

is there an check box in the options im missing?? 

attached a printscreen what my view looks like after zooming in. 

inventor 2018.png

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

Kind regards,

Sten
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@stenhofsteenge

When a view is placed it is first placed as a raster image and then converted to a precise view.  In Inventor 2013 there was always placed as a precise view but the new way is done for performance reasons.

Update:  In addition you clipped your drawing browser so its hard to know what you drawing views are at (raster or precise).  Are you seeing green corner markers around your views?  If so that means there are in raster format.  Right mouse click on the view and select make precise.  Also when you place your base view, in the dialog there's an option for raster view

2019-01-15_10-45-59.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9
admaiora
in reply to: stenhofsteenge

Hi Sten,

Do you see some improvements with this?

cfrcf.gif

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: admaiora

Hi! Yes, I belive @admaiora is right. The setting is in Tools -> Document Settings -> Drawing. You can either make the change in each idw/dwg file and the idw/dwg template file.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9

@Mark.Lancaster its not when the views are placed. 

the views are already placed. please see my screencast:  https://autode.sk/2srOWAp

Kind regards,

Sten
Message 6 of 9
stenhofsteenge
in reply to: admaiora

@admaiora my settings where already like this.

please see my screencast for a better idea of the problem. https://autode.sk/2srOWAp

Kind regards,

Sten
Message 7 of 9

@stenhofsteenge

Too me this seems like a graphics issue.

Have you updated your graphics driver?  Don't rely on Windows telling you it is.  Bring up the device manager in windows, expand display adapters, and right mouse click on your card model and select properties.  Go to the driver tab and see what the date of the driver is.   In addition what card model do you have and what is your setting under Tools/Application Options/Hardware tab?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: stenhofsteenge

@stenhofsteenge wrote:

@admaiora my settings where already like this.

please see my screencast for a better idea of the problem. https://autode.sk/2srOWAp

What are your settings for that exactly.. 

Do you have bitmap set to "offline only" ?

Your screencast really doesn't portray the problem that well if at all.. I don't really see anything wrong with the screencast.. Your initial image did a better job of that as it was zoomed in closer..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 9
stenhofsteenge
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr @admaiora my settings are like this.settings inventor.JPG

it can't be right that inventor needs to rebuild the views everytime when you zoom in. 

i will ask the IT department if they can update my graphic card. i don't have the acces to that myself. 

hope will this solve the problem. never had this issue in inventor 2013

Kind regards,

Sten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report